Pioneer DEX-P9R display

Braxke

wenig aktiver User
Hello ,

I'm from Belgium and can only read and speak German , that's why I'm writing in English . I hope this isn't a problem .

Now for my question , I have a Pioneer DEX-P9R and because I want to compete in SQ , I wanted to change the color of the display from blue to orange , just like my dashboard light .

Does anyone know how this is done ?
Or does anyone know the type-number of the display so maybe I can look for a replacement display with the right color .

Thanks in advance .

Hi Braxke,

I was looking for a replacement display too not long ago. The information I got was that the display would cost round about 300,- EUR - at least for me this wasn't a satisfiing solution. :hammer:

Would you like to change the colour of the button illumination or the background colour of the display itself? In the first case the problem is that you can't change the LEDs. They need to be lacquered. In the second case I suppose you need to attach a vanished film / foil to change the colour. But I doubt that this will work without loosing some of the intensitiy of the display illumination.

For me I decided to let a professional do this work and to concentrate on changing the button illlumination. The amount mentioned above won't let me think seriously about the opportunity to give it a try myself.

I hope I could help you a bit and that you will inform us about the results of your modifications.

So long,
lobster

Naja, er kann doch deutsch lesen...

Die Beleuchtung kann man umbauen. Ich glaube in der letzten/vorletzten Car&Hifi/Autohifi war ein SLK mit dem P9R drin. Das Display leuchtet grün, und das P9 sah aus wie ein Becker mit Mercedes Schriftzug.

MfG Benny
...der auch ein P9R haben will mit weißem Display und roten Knöpfen...

Oh, beim zweiten lesen hab ich esdann auch geschnallt. Nun gut, kann ja ncht schaden. ;)

Ich hab ja geschrieben dass man es umbauen kann, nur die Hellikeit wird darunter leiden befürchte ich...

Gruß,
lobster

Kann kaum english :hammer:
Warum soll die Helligkeit darunter leiden? Wenn man leuchtstarke Folien/LEDs verwendet kann es unter Umständen noch heller werden. Orange wird gerade tagsüber besser zu erkennen sein.

MfG

@ Lobster : I got the same price for a new display as you , and for me this wasn't a satisfying solution either because it would still be blue .

It's the display that I want to turn orange and the leds for the buttons would have to be red .

I already tried it with the colored foil/film , but the brightnes of the display wasn't strong enough .
When you want to go from blue to green , this would be no problem , because you only would have to put a green film/foil in front of it . But to get an orange display , you wil have to put a few cheets in frotn of the display and thats why it looses it's brightness .

The leds for the buttons can be changed I think , or otherwise I'l use some scale models paint ( don't know the right term for it ) to turn them red .

I will keep you informed about any modification solutions .

Thanks for your replies .

Hi Braxke,

did you also get the information that the display case cannot be bought separately?! Is it possible that you're driving a French car?! Because of the red illumination. :D Well, could be an Audi too.

Maybe you should tell us more about your activities in car-audio. The area "Vorstellplatz" is just the right place to do so. Regarding your headunit I could assume that there is a lot more interesting stuff to talk about. Pix or information about the Belgian SQ-contests are welcome too.

Hope you will be succesfull with your modification - I won't hesitate to copy it afterwards. :hammer:

So long,
lobster

Hi Lobster ,

My dealer just informed me that it isn't sold separately . :kopfkratz:
But when you calculate the hours and cost to replace the display of your front panel and the cost of the display , you would be better of with a totally new front panel .

I drive a Seat Ibiza GT TDI .

I'll give you a link to the Belgian SQ-organisations site , but it was haked a few days ago and they are fixing it right now .

www.iasca.be

I'll put the info about my install and my car and some links ( if possible ) of an install I'm currently helping a friend with in the "Vorstellplatz" area .

Greets .

Hallo,

hat da jemand neue Infos, zwecks Beleuchtungs-Umbau? Oder kann mir jemand sagen, welches Leuchtmittel hinter dem Display ist?

MfG Benny

Mahlzeit!

Der Display Umbau in der Zeitschrift gehört zum SLK von Dirk Kuxhausen.
Den Umbau hat er selbst gemacht.

Kontakt :Ich hab seine Handynummer, werde ihn aber erst fragen bevor ich sie per PM weitergebe...

(Übrigens steht wirklich Mercedes (im original Schriftbild) auf dem nun schwarzen Bedienteil!)

Gruß
Hartwig

Hallo Hartwig..

Hab ich Dich schon begrüsst ??..
Wenn ja....ignorieren...
Falls NEIN...Allerst Herzlichstes Willkommen....Feinst und LECKER !

Grüsse aus HH

Anselm N. Andrian

www.urgut.de (Irrgendwo in Hamburg zu ent-Decken!)

Hallo !

Wäre auch an den Infos interessiert !
Vorallem, wie bekomme ich andere Schriftzüge aufs Display?

Dake
Thomas

Servus,

das OEL-Display ist ein organisches Elektrolumilenz-Display, welches ähnlich wie die normalen EL-Folien selbst leuchtet. Ein Austausch der leuchtmittel wie bei anderen Geräten welche mit EL-Folien oder LED´s beleutet sind ist also nicht möglich.
Eine Farbumstellung lässt sich meines Wissens nur durch das vorlegen von Farbfiltern/Folien erreichen.

@Timbo
Dirk Kuxhausen hat das Gehäuse der Headunit lackiert und mit neuen Schriftzügen versehen..
..im Editiermodus lassen sich Schriftzüge eingeben (Menue-FB öffnen-Shift 2sec drücken)

Gruß Klaus

Ich habe Scott Buwalda contactiert und er braucht Farbfiltern/Folien .

Er sachte auch das die Helligkeit darunter leiden wird .

@ lobster : how did I do writing in German ?

@ VW-Pannenhilfe : ein neue ODR kaufen , er hat ein weisses display . :D ;)

Perfect! :thumbsup:

May I ask who Scott Buwalda is??

So long,
lobster

big_Esslingen_06.09.03208.jpg

Kein gutes Bild, aber das Nötigste ist erkennbar...

Gruß
Hartwig

mit dem 2 sekunden shift drücken ...komm ich in das general settings menü ..wo und wie kann ich dort nun eigene schriftzüge integrieren???

danke
thomas

Geh mal in ein Menü (Netzwerkeinstellungen z.B.) rein, dann FB auf, Shift 2 Sekunden gedrückt halten. Dort sollte dann direkt ein Schreibmaschinenfeld auftauchen. Bin ich eben erst wieder (unabsichtlich) drin gelandet.

Gruß,
lobster

Zurück
Oben Unten